Senior Mechanical Engineer at Arup - Job Opportunity in London, ON 2018
Senior Mechanical Engineer Arup London, ON February 2018 , If you seeking for job opening, you have come to the correct place. Here we have employment must be alluring for you. Do not let this prospect down since, it is must be a outstanding chance to be hired by good organization. of course you would want it for the increase of your employment in many sectors. Pay attention to all of the process so you will get terrific effect that you wish for. You can surely trust Arup to offer you exceptional result in your career to raise your value in the work of expertise. Here is all of the requirement needed for this Senior Mechanical Engineer occupation.
Senior Mechanical Engineer February 2018
Arup London, ON
Senior Mechanical Engineer Description
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. Role
Arup have been designing data centres since the birth of the industry. We understand our customer’s needs, supplier and contractor base, and drivers for on-time, on-budget and quality delivery.
Successful projects delivered by Arup’s Mission Critical team include:
• The world’s first LEED Platinum data centre.
• Facilities for the largest cloud providers within the data centre sphere.
• Complex supercomputing facilities such as the Swiss National Computing Centre.
• Confidential facilities for a number of hyper scale providers.
Arup’s Mission Critical team is focused largely on the Data Centre and Financial Services sectors. The team has seen significant growth over the last few years and this has created the opportunity for a Senior Data Centre focused Mechanical Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Join a team that seeks to set new standards in the built environment such as the world’s first LEED Platinum rated data centre.
• Challenge orthodoxy.
• Seek in their own way to change the world.
• Possess ambition on the Digital front and seek to lead its evolution in the built environment. Key responsibilities:
• Leading the design of the mechanical building systems.
• Leading the development of appropriate building energy strategies and sustainability strategies for buildings, including communicating and agreeing these plans with the project team members and relevant authorities.
• Developing and encouraging sustainable building design on projects pushing the boundaries for data centre design.
• Developing concepts, appraising and recommending optimum design solutions.
• Leading the spatial and technical co-ordination of the building services and their integration into the building design.
• Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software.
• Supervising and coordinating the work of others and coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines including in-house specialists.
• Undertake a client facing role in the development, design and coordination of engineering solutions.
• Working across multiple projects with different design teams.
• Technical leadership of mechanical design and providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
• Attend Factory Acceptance Test (FATs) for key plant and equipment.
• Spend time on site during construction and commissioning to ensure successful project delivery.
• Support the Project Manager and Project Director in the commercial management of the project.
• Participate in and lead bids for new opportunities including developing fee proposals and attending interviews.
• Maintaining a wide array of professional relationships in the data centre industry (clients / suppliers / competitors.etc).
Projects will include the design of new build data centres as well as improvement of existing facilities. Requirements and Skills About You
Excellence leaves a lasting impression, bring your vision to shape a better world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer with excellent modelling, design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
You will be chartered with solid or extensive experience in the field of Building Services Engineering, with a heavy focus on expert use of analysis software.
You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skill. Skills and Capabilities Essential:
• Degree qualified in Mechanical or HVAC Engineering, ideally to Masters level.
• Have achieved Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate professional institution such as IMechE or CIBSE.
• Proven experience in data centre design and mission critical standards and best practice, including a varied portfolio of medium to large scale completed projects with experience across a range of project scales and building types.
• Knowledge of current regulations, best practice and emerging technology.
• Experienced in sustainable building design and in satisfying the regulatory and voluntary codes associated with sustainability and energy strategy.
• Ability to think outside your specialism and integrate multi-disciplinary requirements into holistic co-ordinated solutions.
• Demonstrable enthusiasm in driving a Digital agenda including automation via software such as Revit to deliver organisational value, as well as utilising visualisation tools to communicate engineering concepts.
• Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects.
• Able to quickly develop successful client relationships.
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Proven people management skills and experience of managing staff at all levels.
• An ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential.
• A good understanding of industry software packages including Excel, IES/TAS and Revit.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills.
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
• Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
• Familiarity with design guides published by ASHRAE, Uptime Institute and TIA942 which govern data centre design. Desirable:
• Proven experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics software and comfortable in leading the mechanical simulation design, using software such as 6SigmaDC.
• Experience of site based projects.
• Design project management of data centre projects. Key Behavioural Competencies:
• Communicates effectively.
• Results focused.
• Desire to challenge.
• Client focused.
• Enjoys working with others.
• Creative and inquisitive.
• Ability to present and explain thinking and design decisions.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines. Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
of course you want to be hired by Arup that is why you must arrange everything in advance. Not only to plan your resume, but also your physical condition in dealing with the requirement method ahead. Make sure you are in your best state, have a lot of sleep, and read all information needed based on your occupation requirement. Arup would only hire the best of everyone, so you need to ensure that you can complete their need. So do not have any hesitation and send your CV now. We also provide many other work from Arup in other area that you can seek out.
Apply Job Online x
Enter your name and your primary email address to get latest job informations from JobsLevel.com to your mail.
Report Job x
If you find a job that was allegedly a fraud, immediately report via this form. We are not responsible for all the information on this website. All information is automatically displayed from Third Party web service.